Summary of Benefits and Costs of Membership
In the area of industrial collaboration, the Center has worked with variety of members including information technology companies, information service providers, applications software companies, government agencies, and companies that are end users of the technology.
The Center's accomplishments in technology transfer have included improvements to existing information services, new applications, commercial licenses, and spin-off companies.
Membership levels vary depending upon the organization's needs. Benefits associated with each level are described below:
Industrial Affiliate Membership
- Access to conference and research reports on CIIR research activities conducted in the core research program. Available to CIIR members prior to publication.
- Ability to sponsor proprietary or "non-core" research that uses the expertise of CIIR.
- Ability to recruit CIIR-trained Ph.D., Masters, and Undergraduate students.
Research Affiliate Membership
- All benefits associated with Industrial Affiliate Membership above.
- Ability to license CIIR developed software, in executable code, for internal evaluation/research use.
- Transfer of technology resulting from CIIR research.
Silver, Gold, and Platinum Memberships
- All benefits associated with Research Affiliate Membership above.
- Ability to provide input into the research plans for the CIIR that directly affects industry applications. Share new ideas and promote ongoing communication between CIIR and industry.
- Prototype development for members.
- Ability to place an industry employee at the Center.
- Participate in joint research projects.
- Additional benefits, not described above, are provided to Platinum members. Contact the CIIR for details.
- $2,500: Industrial Affiliate Membership
- $7,500: Research Affiliate Membership
- $24,500: Federal Government Membership
- $35,000: Research Affiliate Silver Membership
- $65,000: Research Affiliate Gold Membership
- $100,000: Research Affiliate Platinum Membership
Annual Membership Fee
Please contact Jean Joyce, jean AT cs.umass.edu, 413-545-6310, at the CIIR for additional details about becoming a member.